Liquid Group is a FinTech payments services group based in Singapore. Liquid empowers and connects businesses and individuals to make transactions in a smart, secure and cost-effective way, anywhere in the world.
We operate a regional payment network to enable cross-border QR payment services for e-wallet operators, banks, and merchants. We also provide white-label solutions to accelerate the development and adoption of mobile payments for our business partners.
We work in a collaborative and adaptive way, exploring innovative ideas and solving challenging problems to develop our products. Together, we ensure efficiency, security, and convenience for our partners and customers.
About the role
We are looking for a senior contributor to manage a team of software frontend and .Net backend developers, provide software architecture expert guidance and execute on software development tasks.
The role is currently home based with future opportunity for hybrid working.
- Manage the implementation of software and platform solutions, and lead effort in improving the scalability, reliability and performance of software and platforms
- Develop and set software development and coding standards using programming language .NET, Angular and React JS.
- Translate user requirements into technical specifications and manage the preparation of design specifications
- Oversee the development of Proof-of-Concept for solutions and provide technical expertise on the development of software and platform features
- Implement software and platform development strategies and provides advice on security requirements.
- Apply subject matter knowledge in applications development from well-developed skills in design, development, testing, debugging and implementing software applications
- Support project scoping and resource allocation within product centric structures
- Managing and conducting performance appraisals, management-by-objectives & training plans
- Mentor and train team members in existing and new technologies to be introduced
- Support the budgeting process of technology organisation by providing headcount planning in alignment with project load and strategic roadmap
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience
- At least 5-7 years software development working experience with strong Payment Industry Experience and developing .NET based software
- Expertise in at least one other programming language, preferable Java
- At least 2 years of experience managing and leading software development teams
- Possess relevant system development/maintenance experience
- Good understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes
- Solid experience leading Architecture and Developments teams
- Strong leader who is decisive, able to engage, influence and communicate ideas persuasively to others
- Ability to understand and represent both the business and technology
- Creative thinking and solution orientation
- Strong focus on generating high quality software with facilitating technical excellence
- Strong sense of ownership